The Chartulary of the Prioriy of St. Peter at Sele

Cambridge: W. Heffer & Sons Ltd., 1923. First edition. Hardcover. Thin octavo (standard size). Slight wear to edges and corners of boards. Boards a bit darkened, with slight browning to page edges, Inscribed by one William Bery(?) to William Le Hardy, most likely the Le Hardy who was a veteran of both world wars, and an archivest and record agent for both Middlesex and Hereford in the UK. xxvii, 118 p. w/ index. Various charters and letters belonging to the Prioriy of St. Peter at Sele, founded in West Sussex approc. 1080 as a dependent priory of the Abbey of St. Florent in France. the Priory was incorporated into the foundation of Magdalen College Oxford in 1459, though the last monk was not pensioned until 1480. Very good. Item #17948

Price: $95.00

See all items in Medieval History
See all items by