The Chartulary of the Prioriy of St. Peter at Sele
Salzman, L. F.

Cambridge W. Heffer & Sons Ltd. 1923 First edition Thin octavo (standard size). Slight wear to edges and corners of boards. Boards a bit darkened, with slight browning to page edges, Inscribed by one William Bery(?) to William Le Hardy, most likely the Le Hardy who was a veteran of both world wars, and an archivest and record agent for both Middlesex and Hereford in the UK. xxvii, 118 p. w/ index. Various charters and letters belonging to the Prioriy of St. Peter at Sele, founded in West Sussex approc. 1080 as a dependent priory of the Abbey of St. Florent in France. the Priory was incorporated into the foundation of Magdalen College Oxford in 1459, though the last monk was not pensioned until 1480. Very good Hardcover (Item ID: 17948)


Topic Notification

The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones. -- Joseph Joubert
Site by Bibliopolis